Drum created the UK’s largest ad-funded and product placement entertainment cookery show called ‘What’s Cooking from the Sainsbury’s Kitchen’ presented by Ben Shepherd and Lisa Faulkner.
What’s Cooking from the Sainsbury’s Kitchen was a new cross media content format. It ran for 13 weeks from Monday to Friday at lunchtimes on Channel 4 and was a daily serving of food inspiration and great entertainment, including ground breaking brand and product integration. The recipes helped people save time, make their money go further and inspire new meal ideas for every occasion. Recipes were distributed across Sainsbury’s channels; in-store, online, email, social media & on the Sainsbury’s app. It was a full course of great food and celebrity chat served to your home every day, live from a studio built adjacent to a Sainsbury’s store.
• The series was watched by 9.5m different viewers
• 20% cooked a recipe from the show (that’s 1.9m recipes cooked)
• 13% bought products or ingredients featured in the show (that’s 1.2m products sold)
• 11% went online to engage further with Sainsbury’s content
• Improved brand perception of Sainsbury’ with 35% more likely to shop at Sainsbury’s as a result of watching the show What’s Cooking resulted in the following added value for Sainsbury's;
• £500k, integrated product placement
• £250k, Sainsbury’s on-air idents around the programme
• £250k, leveraged from Channel 4 promoting the show
• Incremental value of 190 recipes produced by Superhero and distributed on Sainsbury’s platforms.